Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Best Zucchini Bread Recipe

I LOVE this zucchini bread!  It is simple to make and you can feel good about eating it because it is made with fresh zucchini :)

Here it is:

Preheat oven to 325

A note on the zucchini:  the smaller zucchini are better for this.  I use 2 zucchini to make this recipe.  To shred, use the larger holes of a hand shredder.  Cut off either end of the zucchini & shred the entire thing- this is what gives the bread its moistness and flavor!!

Ingredients:

3 cups all purpose flour                                          
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups white sugar
1 cup walnuts
2 cups- 2 1/3 cups zucchini (measuring depends on how much you pack down the shredded zucchini- I just use 2 zucchini for this recipe..)


  1. Use a fork to mix the four, baking powder, baking soda, salt, & cinnamon in a bowl.
  2. Beat the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar in a mixing bowl (by hand is fine- if using a mixing bowl, use the lowest setting to mix.)
  3. Add the flour mixture into the mixing bowl, adding about a third at a time until well blended.
  4. Add chopped walnuts and zucchini and stir until just mixed throughout.


Pour into a lightly greased baking pan (I prefer a cast iron bread pan, I think it adds the most flavor and cooks the best..)  If you have a small bread pan, you can divide the mixture by 2 and make 2 loaves.  I prefer to make 1 larger loaf- my bread pan is an average size..

Cook for about 60 minutes, or until tester (fork or toothpick) inserted in the center comes out clean.

ENJOY!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi
    I am following back! I am so excited for your bread recipe. I have been wanting to make this for a while.
    Tammilee
    www.tammileetips.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thanks for the recipe, I have yet to make zucchini bread but its so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I am ! thanks for the recipe too. Now I know what to do with extra zucchini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following you back. We love zucchini bread--but my fav is chocolate zucchini muffins. We had them this morning. Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I <3 bread! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'm following back from Beckham & Bloom, we're happy to have yo following! I'm gona have a better look around...I got stuck on the bread!
    Cheers,
    Melly
    http://www.beckhamandbloom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm.. i ♥ zucchini bread! I'm stopping by from social parade - thanks for stopping by The Preppy Strawberry earlier! I'm a new follower! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...