Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cyberspace, Real People

I recently visited a blog today, called McMamma's Blog , & was upset by some of the comments that I read.  While I respect & am well aware that there are many opinions in the world, I am also certain that there is too much meanness in this world.  I wish people would remember that there is a difference between having a difference of opinion & lashing out at someone who feels differently on a topic than you.  I think that we would all be better served if we remembered that while we are sitting here typing our posts & commenting on other people's blogs, that there are REAL people with REAL feelings behind all those words, blogs & posts.

It may sound a little dramatic, but remember, you have no idea what kind of devastating effect your angry or hurtful words may have on others.  How many young shooters have expressed later that they couldn't take being picked on & no one was nice to them?  This is something that each and everyone of us can affect here.  Before you post something, think about how the post would make you feel. If you can't say something constructive or kind, just walk away~ or in the case of the internet, just move on to another website.

I hope you are all having an amazing weekend!




5 comments:

  1. Well said Kelly! I really can't stand meanness. If everyone was to be more kind to each other, the world would be a much better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx, Thisisme, I wonder sometimes if people understand the devastating effect words can have on people...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kelly,

    Visiting through the blog hop. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier and following.

    I completely agree and hesitate to send anything that could be misconstrued via email just because words have power and I don't want to burn someone unintentionally. Of course, there are those that don't seem to care about other people...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi kelly,
    thanks so much for stopping by my site! it's so nice to meet another special needs mama especially one with cp.. i really enjoy chatting with other special needs moms! i'm following you here now too!
    now as far as cyberspace and commenting i completely agree with you... it is so easy for ppl to hurt others now with just a push of a few keys and enter without any feelings... people really need to think before typing! stop by and say "hi" anytime!
    waving!
    shelley
    http://im-stillstanding.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...