Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Meet Julie & Her Gorgeous Creations!!

I am so excited to introduce you all to Julie, owner of the Julry Shop on Etsy.  She creates one of a kind bracelets using an eclectic combination of glass beads, vintage buttons, & safety pins.  The combination creates beautiful bracelets with an edge.  Here are a few of my personal favorites:






I love to know how people started on their road to creativity and inspiration.  Here is a little bit of what Julie graciously shared with me:

"I received a button bracelet as a gift from a coworker. Although it was made with basic plastic beads, I marveled at the beautiful buttons. It inspired me to create something unique, with my own designs. I remain inspired by vintage and antique buttons, and I always incorporate quality glass beads. And I love that each and every bracelet is different from the last. They are also a great accessory to any casual or fancy outfit.

Now that I have been creating these bracelets, I think it has been my "calling" for quite some time. It is funny to think back to when I was a very young child and I used to make crafts and wood creations at my little workbench. I would hold "store hours" to sell my pieces, even though it was only my parents and siblings that would come into my cellar to shop. In so many words, I think the act of making my bracelets and having my own shop has fulfilled the businesswoman in me that has been brewing since I was a child. "

I hope you all take the time to check out Julie's lovely Etsy shop!!  Thank you Julie for sharing your story & beautiful bracelets with us :)

26 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing us the bracelets. They look great! I love the sea colours on the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Thisisme~ Of course, we all know the sea colors are right up my alley ;) I love the bead combos she uses too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These bracelets are awesome! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am now following you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Those are very pretty! Thanks for the follow and I am returning the favor!! :)

    Did you know your a no-reply comment blogger? If not send me an email and I can help you fix it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun bracelets!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog--following you back and looking forward to browsing your blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous !
    I love jewelry !
    Happy blog hop ! Drop by and follow me back.
    Hugs

    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bracelets are amazing! Stopping by from the blog hop.. Thanks for the follow.. I am your newest follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Those would look great as watch bands too!
    Came over from the Wednesday Blog Hop. Very nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bracelets! Stopping by from the blog hop, I'm your newest follower! Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that are cute bracelet!! and very creative too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm following you back!

    Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi thanks for following me! I'm following you now too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute bracelets!!! Im your newest follower! Thanks for following my blog "Its All Random".

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. Thanks for following my blog about Sewing & Pattern Making Tutorials at Adithis Amma Sews

    I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm following you back from Monday Blog Hop. Have a great day!

    http://thelilstuffs.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are gorgeous! New follower through Traveling Through Thursday! http://www.sahmandusmcwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Following you back!

    http://www.caringforourblessings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julie's bracelets are indeed beautiful.I have just come from a talented blog and here I find another. Such craftsmanship.

    Found you Thursday blog hopping.
    CJ
    http://www.crystaljigsaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are really cute! New follower from Its almost friday. Hope you will stop in and say hi
    feelinkindacrunchy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those bracelets!!!!
    Thanks for the blog comment on my Forensic Science Blog Entry!

    Hope to see you again!

    (following back)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there. I am a new follower and this is my first time in the Traveling Through Thursday hop. Absolutely gorgeous jewelry! I just had a makeover done on my blog. Please come and visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are awesome bracelets!
    Following back now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are gorgeous & thanks for adding me to your blogroll - im following you back too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...